My throat started getting sore (boo) and my head has been hurting all day...AND my joints are achy and stiff. Wah Wah Wah, that's part of the lupron I think.
Great story today.
Showed up kinda early for a non Monday today, and ran into a guy who I had run into over a year ago at the infertility clinic waiting room...we knew each other, and have worked together for years, but it was awkward of course. Since then, I told Matt about him, and i've prayed for he and his wife. When we decided to start IVF, I even mentioned to Matt, hey should I go talk to him just to check in and let him know I think of them often? well, time went by and I hadn't yet.
Today, I was getting off the elevator with A (that is what I'll call him), and he stopped me and said, 'hey, I just wanted to let you know my last day is today." Well, that was enough to stop me in my tracks. I was very shocked. He'd been at AZ for 13 years, and just now finding out about it was sad. He small talked some about his next job, and it is closer to him (6 minutes), better for having a family. I keyed up and looked at him. He said, 'remember that place we ran in to each other in a year or so ago?' i say, 'of course, I think of that often, and wonder how y'all are doing.' He said ' well it worked; we are 11 weeks pregnant.'
I was so happy. We both teared up. It was so amazing. His wife had gone through one failed IVF since I saw them last, so this was such great news for them. I shared with him that I just recently started the process as well, and should hopefully know some good news by December. He was kind and told me to hang in there. We talked about how it's nice to know others who go through it because it's this whole other world. He said it has brought he and his wife closer and more spiritual; that before he knew babies were miracles, but this has brought a completely new understanding and respect for just what miracles they are. It felt so good to instantly relate, be comforted by, happy for, and just peacefully appreciate each others' journeys without going into detail of either persons experience. There was some talk; he asked if I'd started the shots, I said yes, He said his wife counted and had over 70 shots that she gave herself in total. I'm at shot 4; woop! But that was both of their experiences together....i hope.
Anyway, this was such a blessing, and completely maneuvered by God. We both needed to close that gap with each other, and with him leaving, he had to bring it up, and how perfect that I am just getting started. It was the happiness I could give him from understanding (plus he hasn't told many due to the last one not working), and it was the support he could give me from understanding. What a perfect start for the morning.
As we said our farewells at a surprise party for him later that afternoon, I gave him a hug goodbye, wished him the best, and wasn't just talking about his career. I am picturing the TWINS he and his wife will be having in about 6 months I hope!
What a great part of the day. It's nice to have these moments, just like that moment I saw him in the office, to stick with you and hold close in your heart, knowing it could be used at a later date. It was God's comfort and support.
So, yay for shot #4! Big update for the day: I changed to my right side belly fat. yay! It didn't hurt, thankfully. I Feel very blessed. It does feel bruised and it's no fun, but i know it could be so much worse.
Drawing up the good stuff.
Night!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment