Wednesday I go to the doctor for baseline. Basically, they see what my starting point is: how many follicles, their sizes, etc. Then, I start stims, "stimulation," and get to give my self three shots a day, two at night, one in the morning. I hope and pray my morning shots go well. I am the worst morning person, and the morning shot requires mixing a solution with powder, changing needles, and THEN giving the shot...lots of steps for the morning, ha.
Matt informed me today that I only have 3 more syringes left for Lupron, yet 8-10 days of injections...well, that's an issue. I will call the nurse tomorrow. I've also spilled a little on accident when pulling the needle out of the rubber top so I'll make sure I'm not going to run out. It was such an ordeal to get those meds I hope and pray and hope and pray I don't have to deal with a quick turn around on needing more meds again.
I'll put some pictures in below. Really not a lot to update on, just nightly shots. Makes me get home by 7pm; no errands really. Funny how you don't realize what a difference that makes in your thinking. Gotta run to the grocery store? Nope, need to rush home for a shot. What if I get pulled over at 6:45 on my way home? What if I slide off the road in the ice? Can Matt bring me my shot?
I had my first 'roadie-shot' this Friday. Traveled to Greenwood for Natalie's baby shower weekend, and had to do the injection from the hotel. This was my first bruise and blood, so I think my shots like me being home. I'll have another roadie shot this Friday. Matt and I have reservations as Restaurant Iris, WHAT WHAT SO EXCITED!, so I have to shoot up before dinner. Can't wait to try that restaurant. We made reservations before we even knew we'd be doing IVF right now.
Here are some pictures over the last 5 days:
Wednesday, Nov 12
Thursday, November 13 (Matt got a deer this night so he is outside of my parents house cleaning it; i'm in my mom's dressing room, super pumped!)
Friday, November 14 - taking my shot on the road (all smiles, now...)
Don't look if shots make you sick...I ended up eating that Reese's as a reward
Again, don't look if squeamish (sorry for the posts, but i'm documenting here!)
Saturday, November 15, just a set up picture:
Sunday, November 16, learned my lesson; using the ice (peas)
Monday, November 17 - home just in time for my shot appointment!







No comments:
Post a Comment