In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Monday, August 17, 2015

Day 18, Nov. 10, shot gets easier - WARNING - if shots make you queasy, don't look at the pics!

Today was a good day. And that's awesome for a MONDAY!

 I felt the hormonal surge this morning, though. My SVP mentioned that I would have to give a presentation I'd been working on to my CEO...rather than think, "yes, this will be a great opportunity for me," I had a mental meltdown and had to fight tears from running down my face...seriously?! I mean, true, the thought of presenting to my CEO gives a rush of fear/excitement, but nothing to cry over. That's when I realized I may have meltdowns at work during this process, and that's okay. I may not have the ability delay the cry or suck it up and run off to the bathroom and cry as I've done in the past when that release was necessary, but I'm sure I'll live:) I mean, this is just the beginning, and the hormonal surges are going to be normal and going to happen. Yay for that! Hopefully, it'll lead to pregnancy and I can continue to have hormonal outbursts. I'd be honored.

Tonights shot was much better. I think I've found that the fattier part of the stomach is best. I have a general area I can choose from (belly button level down two inches all the way to my right or left hip bone), but the fatty part nearer the belly button seems to be painless. So hopefully, I can keep them spread, but closer to the true belly fat. Okay, let's be honest, I have belly fat all 'round, it's called a muffin top, but I think maybe near the belly button is the best flabby fat.

I did my routine; took my shot, then took a shower. The heat is relaxing. This process seems to work. Maybe I'm a bit dramatic, but I look forward to the shower like it's a spa treatment.

Sorry for all the pictures. I'm not sure how long we'll keep them up; maybe every day! Or, maybe we forget to take them soon, but I'm glad to have some documentation, and this blog is a big part of my documentation--although in draft mode. I struggle with draft mode. On one hand, I'm not ready for the outside coming in, but on the other, the blogs i read about this mean so much and provide so much support to me, and my family and friend base is what I need during this (and you are my friends!), but I am still in some sort of protective bubble by keeping it in draft mode.

So, I liked the bottom picture because it's a bit less "graphic" yet you get the gist; plus the old worn out T-shirt "Too Blessed to Be Stressed" given to me by my dad is oh so appropriate. And I like how "Blessed" is in focus. We are truly blessed to even have the opportunity to embark on this process. Praise God.
Night! Amanda


Sheer concentration:) ...not sure how nurses do it!







No comments:

Post a Comment