In perfect timing, I'm going to a wine tour and tasting. YAY! luckily I have Amanda Moore in on the deal, and I just poured my glasses into hers. And, having Carrie (and in the know so not expecting me to drink) pregnant made it less of an 'everybody is drinking a lot' thing. It was just totally laid back, and SO much fun. We had a blast and learned a lot about wines and how they were made, Then we went to Coyote Blue and it was so yummy. I had a bloody mary there (weak). Then, went home and was tired just thinking about this being my first shot night. ANXIOUS. I took an hour nap.
So, I go through all the tutorials again, get all my supplies out, and make sure I have everything we need. We're giving the shot at my parents house because i take it at 7pm. So, we get over there, I start drinking water; not sure why I thought that would help. Then as it gets closer to 7, i'm nervous; Matt and I go back to my parents room, and set it all out. i do what I'm supposed to do, clean, get dosage, thump needle, get dosage, pull out, swab my fatness, take a big chuck of the fatness, then boom goes the dynamite. Slides in, I push the medicine in, slowly take it out; Matt discards everything. He also held my shirt up and kissed the top of my head, so he did have important duties.
Weird, because I got real faint. I think I had a panic attack. I wasn't right for the next hour. I went into my parents kitchen, opened my gift and card (in another world), then sat down to eat. I couldn't take a bite. THAT'S WEIRD. I can always eat. I was convinced something was wrong. There was redness on my shot site and it burned. I started thinking I was having an allergic reaction. It had me in a panic for a good while. Couldn't think straight or function. Just wanted to disappear, but it was my birthday night, so i tried to be 'normal.' After about 15 minutes, away from everyone, I gathered my thoughts. noticed the pink was going down, and assessed that I didn't truly feel that bad. A little weak and weird, but I was going to be okay.
The rest of the night was fine. I had a virgin bloody Mary. We watched football and played with the kids.
Whew! Well, we made it through the FIRST SHOT NIGHT!!!! Go us!
Here is the Winery list
Fun group of girls!
Outside of the winery
Standing in the Vineyards
And, so it begins. Anxiety drill part too many to label, but it was a good one. There I am posing with my Luprelide 2 wk kit in my parents room
Shortly after I should have been pumped to be having these (even sans vodka, i mean c'mon, behold the beauty!)
But I was too obsessed with this mark
I'm sure my nursing friends would say that's totally normal...but it was my first one, and I was scared.
I recovered, and we all had a good time. My dad rode H's toy car and had a bit of an accident. Funny parents.
Here's to surviving and thriving.





No comments:
Post a Comment