In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Day 14 - Day after Injection Training - the medical debacle

Well, the injection training wasn't too bad. But, starting with Wednesday, it was a fight to get our meds delivered on time so I could be sure and start Lupron on Saturday evening. I let Matt handle it Wednesday, and my nurse was working through some paper work as well. It was a cluster; stuff missing, stuff on the list that shouldn't have been, the wrong start dates, preauthorizations, validations, etc.
Well, Wednesday went by...no meds and no progress. They would need to be delivered to my doorstep; these are speciality pharmacies so you can't go pick them up from a local Walgreens or CVS. I was working with CVS Caremark. They were very nice, but this was such a frustrating experience.
Starting Thursday, I was on the phone (i counted) over 25 times with either Matt, the pharm tech with CVS, my nurse, or the walgreens tech that was the back up if we couldn't get our stuff straight. God works everything out because a normal day there is no way I could have easily stepped away from work, sometimes, 30 minutes at a time, to straighten out this deal. I was taking notes on whiteboards and having to take a picture of it so I didn't forget. It was a long day of phone and frustration. I was just waiting on them to finally call me back for payment information.

It was 6pm, after mine, my nurses, and Matt's calls, I got a call from Rachel (sweetest girl ever) who was ready to read me my scripts and take payment. Just in time because they close by 7:30...it was crazy fast; she went through everything, and I got a tracking order at 11pm from UPS that it was flying out of Chicago. Whoa! We had renewed hope that it would all work out in time. We were afraid we would have to start the next cycle.

I slept much better that night. Worked up, wound up, in knots, but I was so relieved that things were working ok.

Tough week going from shot overwhelming to being scared you won't get the opportunity to administer that overwhelming shot.

I said a big huge open heart prayer to God that it was in his timing and to please work with us and through us, and if at any point it is meant to be halted, just give us comfort and strength to move on.

Here we go; hoping for meds tomorrow!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment