In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Monday, July 11, 2011

Popsicles, ice, snow, 32 degrees...

These are things I'm dreaming of right now. Tonight is the hottest night of the year so far. And. Our A/C is out. We came home to a sauna. We went to Lowe's, almost convinced we were going to buy a window unit, but we came home with a Vornado because window units are pricey! It's pretty nifty, but just blowing this 90 degree heat around the house.

Right now it's 10:45, and 88 degrees, feels like 98. I believe it. I would post pictures of this event, but both Matt and I are too inappropriate for pictures. He's in boxers, and I'm sports bra/panty-ing it. Yeah, maybe TMI, but whatever it's summer. People wear bathing suits. Which gives me the idea, maybe I should go for that...but, it's not cotton I bet. Dang. Anyway, I'm desperate. Matt's on the floor where he says it's cooler, and I'm on the bed with the vornado right at my face. Larry and Wally keep looking at us like, "turn on the air conditioner, weirdos!" Poor animals.

I just took a cold shower hoping that'd help. It helped for a little while, but the heat is creeping back again.

Anyway, we live in the South. I should be used to it. Tonight, I have a new appreciation for air conditioning. When we walked in Lowe's I really wanted to just stay longer because it felt so good. Oh well, I'm going to continue dreaming of cooler times, and be thankful that the air conditioning guy will be here tomorrow. And, I think I'll say some extra prayers for the folks out there who don't have AC, and who have to "Time to Kill" it 24/7. I'm really tired of sweating.

Good night, and cold dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment