In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Current decisions...

I go from consistently being terrible with posting, to overly posting.

So right now my mind is reeling with house thoughts. There are so many decisions to make. During most of the process, we were organizing 1-2 people at a time. Right now, it seems like we have a different group of people on a weekly basis. From the cabinet guy (fitting doors for the built in) to the painters to the flooring guy to our main builder peeps. I sorta get lost in what's going on, but I like it because it means things are moving! I know we're in limbo (negotiating) with the tiling guy right now for the shower because it's so expensive. But, so is everyone else that gave us a bid, so maybe we have to suck it up, but my thrifty side is in pain. Matt and David are hesitant to do the shower since there's more complicated parts to it, so we want to let someone else tackle it.

What I'm trying to pick out now is the remaining lighting. It's fun until I read the price tag. Ha, I sense a theme...i'm a cheapo. It was much easier when the builder guys would just bill us each month and it came straight from our loan..now that WE are the purchasers for lighting and appliances and such, it's harder to watch.

Also, I'm on a mission for a pedestal sink. If anyone knows of where to get a good deal on one, please let me know. The issue is it needs to be pretty small (like no longer--wall to middle of room--than 16-19 inches...most are 22-26).

On a woop note, the AC is fixed! wha wha? THAT was a huge blessing. It just needed a $40 part. woohoo! So, I'm chilling with Lar-Bear in the cool. Mattigua already went to bed in the main house this time, ha. Last night he slept on an air mattress in the detached room out back with the window unit. He came in this morning saying, "I froze last night." I thought he was being flat out mean, but he was serious. He didn't take more than a sheet and that thing has no medium coolness...it's full on. So he froze and I sweated.

Okay, so thanks for listening to my rambles. I needed to pour out my mind for a minute. whew! betta now. Off to bed, now with Larry. Wally is in protest and stayed outside. She probably still thinks the AC is broken so she's on indoor sleeping strike.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is callled builders surplus on summer? We found a few there we liked. We ended up buying from our company...if you go to germtantown hardware and look in the catalog that is where we (Orgill) sells.

    ReplyDelete