In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Monday, November 8, 2010

Pictures of the addition


I never realized how high houses are from the ground.





Getting ready to install the new support beam.


So this, plus all the way to the end of the house, is 8 feet to the kitchen, den, and bedroom. The kitchen/den are pretty much one big room. The addition to the bedroom will be half used for a long closet (i'm PUMPED!!), and the other half will be bedroom space. I'm giddy over the closet. I was going to be sharing a closet with Matt (which is fine), but it'd also be where I get ready in the morning (only place we could put a vanity area), but now there will be plenty of room for both and all of our clothes. The addition to the den/kitchen allows us to have an island in the kitchen, and room for a breakfast room. I am so excited. The builder said it should be about 3-4 more months. Well, he said less than that, but that was his original estimate for the addition, so I'm going with that. And. Yes. We still have to refinish the floors, put in the lighting, and put in the kitchen cabinets, but I'm so very excited. I'm not expecting anything earlier than a Spring move in, but that'll be perfect. And, surely, our Memphis home will sell (right??) hope so. really, really hope so:)

1 comment:

  1. SO SO SO FUN!!! Praying for the sale of the Memphis home! I can't believe you gained so much by adding just 8 feet! CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete