In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Monday, October 25, 2010

A few before and afters...


Before


After

Before - Front room of the house. Before there was a hall through that door, then a door into the tiny stairs that led to the ceiling. 


After. We actually have spindles and a railing...I need more pictures:)


Before - This was the kitchen, looking into the den.


Same look. We knocked out the wall and chimney


Upstairs bedroom. Notice the ceiling height.


Not the most up to date picture, but you can tell the ceiling was raised.


Play room/office/media room etc, upstairs. Again, the ceiling was not even 7 feet.


We made this one big room, and raised the ceiling.


SCARY basement. The stairs now come in from the upper right (hallway). They did come in from the kitchen which was odd.


This really isn't a great picture of the basement, but you can tell it's finally enclosed.



The other upstairs bedroom. We made that little cut out another closet. We REALLY needed more closets in this house! And, this room had short ceilings, too.


I didn't really capture the full room, but you can tell the closet was built in to the right. I feel like these after photos just look like a dusty mess.


Anyway, I need to go through the house with my 'before' pictures and capture the same angles. These were pretty good replicas, but many of them don't show the most recent look.

We're adding on to the back. This is 8 feet to the kitchen and den. We crazy.

I am supa pumped about it nearing the end! 3-4 months. Funny, I thought I'd be in the house by March. 2010. wellll, maybe March 2011 is more like it:) For a renovation, I have to say it has been low stress. Not there there haven't been moments of indecision, arguments, sweat and tears:), gosh even blood (demolition injuries), but I think we've gotten used to the decision making and have become immune to the stress. I do have occasional panic attacks, but mainly geared toward the fact that our high point terrace house hasn't sold. It's been nice to be close to work, and of course, to not be homeless, but I really hope it sells soon.


2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! Such progress! I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe we can do a tour when we're there in Dec. if there's time. One question, what is the random little door in the 2nd upstairs bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! That is to the air conditioning unit. It will be better disguised:)
    Will you send me the dates you'll be here? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete