In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Friday, October 9, 2015

DAY 85 - TRANSFER DAY! WE ARE HERE!!!!

Friday -

WOW. I can't believe this day is here. I got a lot of sleep; basically passed out probably from my emotional overload fatigue, but it was good sleep regardless.

I had 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, and some tomato juice. I read that protein was good to eat.

We drove to the dr.'s office and listened to The Beatles the whole way. Matt commented on how quiet I was. I guess I was focused. I was a bit nervous, but not so much about the procedure, but the outcome. He reminded me we've done all we can. I was just ready to do this!

We arrived early, and I had to pee so many times. They tell you to have a full bladder, and I definitely did; enough so I had to empty it 4 times before I had the procedure. First I had blood work, then went down to the surgery center

About an hour later, they took us back, did my basic vitals and stuff, and instructed me to take my valium and drink water. I also changed into my gown, and Matt put on his fancy scrubs, too. This process was SO much better than the retrieval because Matt was back there the whole time and no being put to sleep!

We tried to stay light hearted while waiting on the nurse.

Also, Carrie found out if she was having a boy/girl Wednesday of this week. The reveal party was Friday and I knew I'd miss. We planned it to where she would text me if it was a boy or girl at 10:45 so that I was distracted with happy thoughts and exciting news! That worked perfectly. She sent me a picture from when she found out the gender of her first baby. I had met her at the hospital and we made a 'boy symbol' in the picture we took so we could always remember:) So, she sent me that picture from a few years ago, and that meant it was a BOY! I was so excited.

So, then the Dr came in and went through the process with us. I'd never met her. Amelia Bailey. She was awesome. She said she'd heard we wanted to transfer one, and she said she completely agreed with us. Thankfully, both embryos thawed from straw 1, and were in the SAME grading quality as when they were frozen. This was IDEAL! That meant they would transfer the grade A-, 4AB embryo, and freeze the B+. If you remember from previous posts, this was a big concern. I was sad they had frozen the two best quality together but it turns out they were just fine after thawing, and the other highest quality will be there for us next time (hopefully after having baby embryo A-).

It was really cool. They gave us a picture of the embryo which is so special.

We went back to the room where they were doing the procedure; i admittedly was feeling the valium. But that's good because it kept me calm and supposedly decreases uterine contractions. Matt got to be back the whole time. It's much like a pap smear. You can see on the screen when they push the embryo in your uterus. The funny part is my bladder was HUGE; so full, she was apologetic the whole time because she knew that had to be painful (it was), but having a full bladder helps for some reason. Anyway, they pushed in the little embryo and that was that!

I had to go to recovery for 30 minutes. This was the hardest part because I couldn't get up and had to pee SO BAD. Worst in my life. Matt entertained me by dancing around and acting like a unicorn (we are weird), and the guy in recovery next to me was entertaining me because he was so out of it. I'm sure I was the same after sedation/being put to sleep for surgery.

I finally got to pee, which lasted forever, then we left. We stopped by Panera bread and got some mac and cheese (which is amazing), french onion soup, and broccoli cheese soup. Then we went to NEwk's and got pimento cheese sandwiches and pasta salad for lunch. I wanted lots of warm comfort foods to take home.

Then, we stopped at Kroger because I wanted some drinks that weren't water but not too bad for you. So we got some 'organic' sodas. I wanted to go in and pick them out, but Matt didn't want me walking around, so I rode the motorized cart. We were CRACKING UP! It was so fun.

We got home, I ate my whole sandwich and pasta salad, then passed out for 4 hours:)

I got up, checked in on work, then ate again. I seriously ate all day long. I couldn't quit; it was like my appetite was crazy. Also, I had a major headache which I think is due to caffeine withdrawal. Of all the prep I did for this day I completely forgot about stopping coffee.. Maybe it was an unconscious forgetfulness, but oh boy, does that hurt. Headache galore! I only had 1-2 cups/day but I really loved it. I may drink a cup later on if hopefully I get pregnant, but I want to be extra cautious right now.

I ended up watching Tommy Boy, Dumb and Dumber, and the Other Woman. Funny movies all weekend!

I passed on in the chair by 11. I never had too much cramping, just dull mental like cramps, but nothing major. We are so excited to think the little embryo could be getting comfy right now. I hope and pray it settles in. We got back to get a pregnancy test January 26. That's really just about a week away!! It's not technically a two week wait because my embryos were 5 day blastocycsts, so it's a little less than the normal 2 week wait.

I'm so excited, and know it could be implanting as we speak. Most exciting and heart exploding with joy thoughts ever!


My breakfast!

In the waiting room


They ask you not to wear make up, deodorant, scented shampoo, etc...i don't get it, but okay. Just trying to make excuses as to why I look so rough, ha!


Carrie letting me know she was having a boy! This was us a few years ago when she found out Woody was a BOY!


Dressed for success!






Here is our little embryo. Stick embryo stick!



This was when they put the embryo in. The big black space is my very full bladder. The bottom left corner is my uterus. You probably can't ell but there's a bright spot in the middle and that was the "poof" from when they put the embryo in. I almost cried because the Dr said, "there is goes, did you see it?" And Matt was like, "yeah I just saw it!" The pure and raw excitement in his voice made me the happiest ever. I couldn't see it, 1) the angle, and 2) i was high and happy on valium. But his excitement was so amazing, so I bet it was the coolest thing to see.


Recovering and trying not to think about how badly I need to pee!


Done! on the way home

So happy!!


 Came home to a sweet surprise from Carrie. It was a pretty stone with "Faith" engraved on it. I put it by my "peaceful station" (where I'll be camped up for 48 hours). Friends are the best blessings. Hands down.


This is my peaceful station:) Tulips, travel books, my faith rock..and Larry. To the right of me are magazines, books, my laptop, and my dad brought me comics:)


Dr Bailey was awesome!



Where our sweet embryo became and embryo.


Don't judge. This was so much fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment