So, we're nearing the home stretch of the house. By nearing, I mean about 2-3 months...maybe 5-6 months. Who knows, really, but it feels closer. I'm noticing with the home stretch comes LOTS more important decisions that have to do with the final product. No longer the type of insulation and wiring type decisions. Also, there's more, "this has to happen before this and this before this, etc." So questions like, "now when can we paint?, when can lighting go in?, when can we install the dishwasher?," etc are starting to drive me bonkers.
I need someone to hold my hand through this. Matt seems to not feel stressed over this, and takes it in stride, but I on the other hand, am feeling overwelmed with the final details. I just don't want to a) waste any time, b) make a wrong decision, or c) rush the process by not knowing the process.
So, anyway, having a contractor would be awesome right now. Not having one has saved lots and lots of mulah, but still. It'd be nice to just have someone else tell me what they need from us, rather than us trying to determine what we need from us.
Anyway, enough complaining:) Yay for being close to the end!
Yay for almost being done! I can't wait to see more pictures!It's suck a CUTE house and I know with your "style" and spirit it's going to be GREAT, even it the doorknobs are on backwards and the dishwasher goes where the stove should have been.
ReplyDeleteI do know a GREAT contractor if you ever decide to cave in!! :)
ReplyDeleteJess, you sure do!
ReplyDelete