Regarding future kiddos with popsicle hands, I guess I will just have to learn to clean. Yes, I'm not the most domestic wife, but I will really love those bright whites cabinets, and will just have to take care of them.
I started looking at kitchens with dark brown cabinets, and I just didn't feel like it was my kitchen. Then, I'd look at white cabinets, and feel all giddy. Since the house process began, I have been drawn to white cabinets with white subway tile and wood floors. I have way too many magazine pictures ripped out, and they're all the same look. Here are some pictures of what I imagine in my dreams. Granted, our house will not be just like these pictures, but hey, it gives a general idea:)
I love the white look with black granite, then dark cabinet with light granite. Cooooool.
Now, we aren't going all the way with covering appliances in white, but I still like the look of this kitchen, too...maybe a little more break up in the whiteness going on, but it just looks so alive; see, doesn't that lady look happy making her cake or whatever? I bet the cabinets deserve some credit for that.
I like the glass cabinets, and how they add some color to the white scheme. I'd just have to remember to have cute and colorful dishes in there. Mine are white:) plain jane over here.
ooo, ahhh, pretty. I like this and how it looks with the floors. We aren't going that dark on the floors, but a shade or so lighter. I'm trying to picture this with a dark wood island. I think/hope that will work? Oh, and this floor is pretty much that brown brown color I keep saying. If anyone has a better descriptor, please share. I just think of it as a rich brown...like a double shot of it.
Anyway, it's fun to look at all of these pictures. The kitchen has definitely been my favorite part of this house renovating process. Now, I'm hoping my next post isn't "From white to brown brown to white to brown brown." gah.




No comments:
Post a Comment