In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Off the subject

This has nothing to do with the house, but I just felt like posting. So, I've been obsessed with The Killers for a few months now. I've liked them since they came out several years ago, but never really listened to all of their songs. Now I own all 4 of their albums, and just really like their music and the lyrics are great. Anyway, Matt got me the DVD for Christmas, and I can't tell you how many nights I sit and watch it and sorta pretend I'm at the concert. I even know the lead singer's moves to the songs...yeah, it's ridiculous. I can be in the other room doing laundry and acting out what he's doing while the song is going on. It's really a sad scene...but, anyway, I was watching the DVD tonight, and then decided to look at Pollstar.com for their upcoming concerts (even though i've checked many times and know they're just wrapping up a year long tour)...so I check it and find out they cancelled their Asian tour, and have just announced that after their Australian tour they are taking a hiatus indefinitely. What? So, here I've been dreaming of when I get to finally go to their live concert, and they're taking a break? gah. I thought it was bad enough I'd never get to see the Beatles in concert, and now this just got taken away from me.
Obviously, I'm being dramatic, but I just wanted to express my sadness over their indefinite upcoming break. I'm hoping it's a bad bad rumor.
So, anyway, Killer's, if you're out there listening, this fan would really like to go to a concert, so if you could please stick it out for a while longer that'd be great, thanks.
If you've never heard them, or only heard their radio songs, you should check them out. These three songs I think are really good, and I especially like the lyrics and string instruments in the second one. The third one is a little faster. I just copied the links from youtube so I hope they work.

The first link is one of my favorites (love the piano)
"Sam's Town"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVbFMoimgM4

Second link is a song about his parents' marriage and then his mom's battle with cancer...really sweet, but sad, too. Be sure to listen until the end--it takes a second to get going. "A Dustland Fairytale" -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwPATgFcRKA

"All these Things that I've Done"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tEtViUBzXo&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment