In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Found some more cool stuff!



So the last time we were at the house, we found saw some more 'house originals.' The first thing is an old shoe polish container, and the second is a letter that was found. It has a lot of holes in it, and it's not the complete letter, but it was so neat to find. It was basically just a letter from one lady to another person (sounded like to another lady), and she was asking how she had been feeling since she hadn't heard from her in a while. She also discussed a machine that had been broken down, and and orchestra show that was going to be in town that night. The monogram was LPN, so her initials were LNP (or I guess it could have been her husbands, maybe...probably hers). I'm on a mission to try and figure out who she could be. I'm assuming the recipient lived in the house, so not the LNP lady.

The mantle on the left is a Christmas gift from Matt's sister, Kristen, our nephew, Will, and Matt's brother, Charlie and his wife, Joy. It was so nice of them. They also got us the newel post in the picture below. I had to google how to spell that. We loved those gifts, and can't wait to get them in the house. I love how they're originals (they got them from a place that has pieces from old houses that need some restorations). The other mantle in the picture is from my brother's house (my grandmother's house). We're going to restore both of them and put them in the house.


This is a couch that we're storing for David and Erin right now. It's my grandmother's and was in the room that is now Harrison's nursery. I let David know that he probably wants to cover it...looks like a cat has gotten into the garage and has enjoyed playing on the couch.


Picture of garage in our backyard.

Inside of the garage...to the left is where we've been able to store some stuff for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment