I had high hopes of getting on up and doing some Christmas decorating, but ended up going back to bed and sleeping until after 10! I said yes to the Christmas tour this year...another pre-IVF decision. Turns out the date, 12/6, could be RIGHT when I'm on bed rest. So, I may be hiding in the bedroom while my mom and Matt show the house (i feel awful for that; poor Matt didn't want to do the tour anyway). I was just thinking, 'well it'll probably be our last time to do it for a while.'
I want to have my Christmas stuff done pretty much this weekend. That way next weekend, I only have to worry about setting out greenery and stuff, and general cleaning. Then, the week leading up to the Christmas tour, I could go for retrieval any day and transfer any day. Whew! It's getting close.
Today, I put up most of all indoor Christmas stuff minus the tree; that's tomorrow. We had the windows open for ventilation all day. I also broke a window which totally sucked. Not completely broken, but a nice crack across the whole thing. I was trying to open it to help with air circulation, but it wasn't having it. I'll be closing shutters to the dining room during the tour, now, because of the lovely crack. oh well, shiz happens.
I feel like I got a lot done between the Christmas stuff, dropping off dry cleaning, and getting all non perishables for Thanksgiving cooking from the grocery store. Then, we went to my parents' house and had deer burgers that Matt made from a deer he killed last year. David, Erin, and the kids came over, too, and it was a lot of fun.
It's sooooo late right now; not sure why i'm up. It's 1am. I'll be giving another shot in 5 hours. Woo to tha Hoo!
Well, thankfully, the shot (all three) went well today. Seriously, thanks be to God. I needed an easy shot day, and I didn't bruise or swell with any of them. I'm so very thankful for that. My tummy needed a break, and my mind needed confidence that this wouldn't be too bad.
Just for tracking and in case anyone ever sees this and taking these drugs here's how they make me feel.
Lupron (10 units, now 5): emotional, headaches, achy joins (especially knees and ankles)
Follistim (150 units)/Menopur (75 units)--I can't differentiate between the two b/c I started them the same day: Emotional, much worse headache (that was the follistim...b/c it literally hurts after I give a shot; both nights so far), and dizziness. I had a pretty good dizzy spell tonight; i read that is a side effect.
No bloating so far and no weight gain so far. I've actually lost weight. Matt and I had started a diet back in August that lasted 3 weeks, but it got us back on a good track, and I've been doing the elliptical 3-4 days a week. But, honestly, that's no different than the last 3 months...the difference is I've pretty much cut alcohol out. And, sadly, that has lead to 5 pounds almost of weight loss in the past 2 weeks. #dontjudge
So, overall, just achy, dizzy, headaches, and raw emotions. I'll keep you posted. I would expect to be bloated, crampy, and have some weight gain soon. I'm pretty sure my reproductive system will be nice and full of fluids and hella egg production, and that's supposed to cause water retention and other fun stuff.
Okay, i'm off to bed. Night!!
Icing my belly/trying to avoid waking up for this shot
Still icing; Larry is helping. Still at my parents house. And still in my cat pajamas.
Back at our house for the day. This kid went outside for the first time today. He loved it!
Pappy and Eddy took advantage of us ventilating our house, and they used this as their new passageway to the outdoors. They were in and out constantly. It was funny.
Below is the evening shot set up. Lupron and Follistim. I did these at our house tonight.
I was not feeling it
Super not feeling it, but it actually all went so much better than I expected, so that frown turned up side down later in the evening when I realized I had no bruising or swelling!! woop!
Night!




No comments:
Post a Comment