Below was an update from September 2014. Little did I realize at the time, we were weeks from making the decision to go forward with IVF.
It has been forever since I've blogged. 2012! So long. Much has gone on since then, and at the same time, not much as gone on.
Work: I got a promotion. Work constantly it seems. But I love my job, and love the challenges and fast paced days it brings. Matt is still at smith and nephew. He is doing well. He made it through multiple lay off's over the years, so I am thankful for that blessing.
Life: We live full time in Somerville now. It's great. It really is. It'd be hard to complain about all the simplicity of life out here. There are days that I feel so segmented between Memphis and my life out there vs. my life back 'home' but I'm learning to meld the balance. I think it's working out well; just takes adjustments.
More Life: Gah, where'd we leave off? We've been trying to have a baby for years now. I can't even go into everything we've tried or considered trying. Can't go into the emotional ups and downs. Wow. It's been the longest road we've ever shared. Matt has been the best to share it with. He doesn't let us lay down. He keeps up looking up, and keeps us living 'normal' to us until God's will and time is shown.
Fun life: we have 3 animals. We've just started calling them 'the animals' because they have too many names to reel off. There's Larry, Eddy, and Pappy, now. They're so super sweet. I love the chaos they bring to this home. We are goofy with them and just laugh at how silly they each are. They have their own personalities and it couldn't be more entertaining. We love them all so very much.
Other things: I am so happy to have friends and family. I know it doesn't come easy or expected, but I feel blessed to see my family on a regular basis and they are also my friends.
What's coming up: We go to Gulf Shores for almost a week. Should be fun! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment