I start birth control tomorrow. It's about an 8 week process. We should know by mid Dec if we are pregnant. That's less than 2 months away. I just had a heart palpitation. Not for fear; but for excitement that this could be it. In LESS THAN TWO MONTHS we could know we're pregnant. Yeah. We could also be really depressed, but no more of that thinking for now. We're going forward with prayers and hope and positive thoughts. I can't believe it.
Below is the schedule just for reference. I made this based off a conversation with my nurse earlier today. She called me back after some phone tag, and I was in Fresh Market grabbing lunch, and she asked if it was a good time; of course it was. She asked if i had a pen. I too quickly turned to the check out lady and asked for a pen and paper please, then proceeded to jot down all of my instructions, using their ice bag freezer as a desk to bear down on. So funny to me already. I was there for 30 minutes, writing and talking and listening. Then, i gave back their pen and it all started happening. Here we go:)
My schedule based on my notes below:) I wrote as much detail as possible. Things such as 'blood work for infectious diseases.' ha
Toasting to the beginning. Birth control and champagne; it's a party!
DATE Appt or To Do Time/location 10/23 Amanda starts birth control 10/24 Follicle count 8:30am/baptist 10/29 Consultation; Matt joins; Matt and Amanda have blood work for infectious diseases; Amanda brings her test results from Tonkin 3:30/ Baptist 11/3 Trial transfer; this is so the dr knows more about my body for the real transfer; arrive with full bladder 11am/ Baptist 11/4 Matt joins; injection teaching and practice; bring IVF consent forms and embryo freeze form 3pm/ Baptist 11/8 I start taking Lupron in the evening Evening/home 11/11 Last dose of birth control 11/19 Baseline ultrasound and blood work Arrive before 7:30am/ Baptist 12/1 Retrieval will happen this week; probably midweek; then for the next 3-5 days we get daily updates After retrieval Probably within about 5 days I will come in for the transfer; this could be any day of the week or weekend After transfer Bed rest for 48 hours
My jotted down notes
More jotted down notes
And this was a deciding dialogue between Matt and me. We'd talked to the Dr back in February 2014 about IVF, took a trip to europe, then neither of us mentioned it though we knew it was our next step. Then, it got real. And we took action. This text was from September. By late October we were starting.



No comments:
Post a Comment