In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Saturday, June 27, 2015

The ectopic surgery - (Sept 2012)

Below was me writing in 2013 about my ectopic surgery in 2012., and it's currently 2015....These dates will be confusing, sorry.

Update May 2013...9 months after my ectopic pregnancy and emergency surgery:


I’m 31. Life is good. Life has changed so much in the past year. Matt and I started trying to get pregnant in March 2011, then with no luck, in October, I started ovulation kits, then in Janurary 2012, he had his tests run, then May 2012, I began clomid. Welll, July 2012 I must have gotten pregnant, but I didn’t’ realize it until early September..thinking it was early from the most recent cycle. Turns out is was an ectopic pregnancy, Awful. Had to take MTX twice, and my levels wouldn’t go down enough. On at Tuesday at work in my new job, my tube ruptured. Worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life. I just stood there sweating kind of hobbling around trying to relieve any pain possible. Matt picked me up 30 minutes later, and we headed to Germantown Hospital. The ride was awful. Every bump hurt. Thank God for Matt; I couldn’t have driven. Earlier Monday I was having those pains and was barely able to drive. I had to stop a few times. Anyway, so we get to Methodist, and I sit down and work to stay distracted,. I get called back and they do any xray. Then Im’ getting my blood drawn. My heart rate was about 100 and my blood pressure like 155/125…not normal for me (i'm usually 110/65 or so). I was just hurting. Finally we get to a room, and Dr. Tonkin comes in and tells us what we know. Surgery. Emergency. It was wild. They wheeled me to the surgery area, and I was in surgery within an hour. There were 8 people in my room at once trying to take blood from 4 different places but my veins which are already small were smaller i guess from blood loss. They were asking questions, washing my make up off, putting hot pads on my legs, asking about allergies, had I eaten or drank anything (of course), etc. It was mind boggling and so fast.  Then I was rolled back. I still remember Matt’s kiss. Thoght it could be our last. Dramatic I know, but just in case. My  surgery was 45 minutes. I had lost a lot of blood, 2 pints internally before surgery. But everything else checked out well. Yay. It’s May 2013, and we’re getting back into. It took a while to get over surgery and the emotional battles. But we started trying recently and I hope we have luck!!!!


BELOW outlines the day by day for anyone who may happen to need this, or if you know anyone who is going through something similar. I wished I'd had something to expect from someone's past experiences. This is what I posted to some sites that helped me when I had an ectopic:

Saturday, Sept 8 – pregnant
Monday – Tonkin, confirmed pregnancy, blood drawn.
Tuesday – high levels, 6300
Wednesday , Sept 12– ultrasound, EP identified, MTX shot, 6100
Friday – blood work 7000+
Tuesday – blood work 6300
Tuesday blood work again, MTX shot
Friday – blood work, 6100
Sunday pain, Tylenol managed
Monday blood work, 4500, pain, worse, Tylenol
Tuesday, terrible pain, no managing it, went to dr 1pm, surgery 4pm, salingscopy or whatever (removed tube)
Wednesday , Sept 26– recovery. Sore throat, very bloated, gas pains, incision pains; oxycodone manages it.

2 and ½ weeks of a whirlwind.

**It took me 1 week before going back to work and 2-3 weeks to fully recover. 
I am now 30 days past surgery, and started my period yesterday. Normal period.

This site was such a comforting place to go during my EP nightmare, and I wanted to share my experience to hopefully help others the same that others on here helped me during that awful time.My main advice would be to not ignore the pain. The part that stood out the most about the pain was the pressure on my rectum (TMI, but that was the most noticeable weirdness for me and maybe it'll help someone to know)…intense pressure. Worst I've ever felt, like I could move or sit or walk, everything hurt and put pressure on me. I should have gone to the Dr a day before I did, but I kept convincing myself I’d ‘know’ if it had ruptured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment