In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I tried to restrain

Another post about Mumford and Sons. Well, technically, Music Fest, but you will see below that M&S dominate my pictures.
I LOVED Music Fest. I was trying to remember, and I don't think I have been since either my Freshman year of college, or Senior year of high school. I remember Creed was playing, so yeah. a while ago.

Anyway, we saw MGMT, Mumford and Sons, Avett Brothers and Wilco. It was incredible. I was so dedicated to the M&S show that I didn't drink ANYTHING...no water, no beer, no nothing. That allowed me to stay in my spot near the front for the 3 hours prior to the show and make it through the concert with never leaving. yeah, dedication. It was amazing. So many people were there for Mumford and Sons (even 3 hours early), and they put on the best show. They're so passionate, you just can't help but enjoy yourself.

Here are some of my favorite pictures.



MGMT. Never thought I'd like this type of music, but over the past year, I've really started to like them. Plus, the lead singer is from Memphis...went to Lausanne and White Station, and he cracks me up. They're very interesting.


More MGMT


and more

So, Jake Gyllenhal was there backstage with Mumford. I even got to see him and his aviators. But you see who I took a picture of. Obsessed, I tell ya.















Wilco. 

It was a great weekend. A weekend of music. Well, it is called Musicfest. Good observation, Amanda.

I do need to give a HUGE thank you/love/shout out/pat on the back to Matt for braving the WHOLE weekend with me and the mud. He was a trooper since he really only cared about Wilco. And they didn't even play until Sunday, so I am thankful for such an awesome husband. He didn't even complain. Not one time. That's love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment