I really love music, and when I find a group I like, it's all I can think about. Lately, it has been Mumford & Sons. I'm sure anyone who has followed this blog can tell. Before that, it was The Killers. Sadly, to my old self, I'm sorta over them, now, but they still creep back into my CD player from time to time, and I still enjoy listening to all their songs, and watching their Royal Albert Hall concert DVD.
So, I'd say my favorite artists are (in no particular order):
The Beatles (okay, they're first, but the rest are in no particular order)
Coldplay
Wilco
Mumford & Sons
The Killers
I also like MGMT, The Strokes, Florence + the Machine, Nirvana, and Radiohead. Some more, too, but I can't think of more right now....
Well, today I was looking on facebook and saw that MGMT was coming to Memphis in May. So, I decided to check the line up. To my surprise, I see that Wilco, Mumford & Sons, MGMT, and Avett Brothers (another fun group) are coming. What?!?! This is crazy. Usually Music Fest is full of people I don't feel like risking mud fest possibilities on, but I could not believe it! I immediately had to get the 3 day pass. I mean, this means I get to see 2 of my top 5! Overwhelming, really.
I think I'm most excited about M&S, but Wilco is always great live, and I'm looking forward to seeing how MGMT is live, too. I'm excited because MGMT is Friday, Mumford Saturday, and Wilco on Sunday. Such a fun weekend ahead!
In the spirit of this fun musical line up, I thought I'd post a song from each, and a link to the line up.
http://www.thebealestreetmusicfestival.com/bealestreetmusicfestivallineup.htm
MGMT
WILCO
Mumford & Sons
I am REALLY excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment