In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

16 hours....

In 16 hours Matt and I leave for London. I'm SO excited. Can't wait. Last year when we took our Europe trip we said it'd be 'the big one'....well, we decided to do ONE more 'big one' to get the travel fever out of our systems:) right. I seriously doubt it will ever get out of our systems, if anything one day it will be, "honey, we can only afford a trip to the city (memphis) for the weekend"---and ya know, if that's how it is, then I'll be planning out my Memphis itinerary like a champ! I've always loved traveling. I used to find excuses to get to travel, and 'school' was the main one. I went to school in Innsbruck, Austria, and Hawaii...it was always easier to convince my dad to help me from the financial side if I was 'getting an education.'

I guess everyone has their favorites and splurges in life, and traveling is one of mine for shizzle (oh, stop). I don't really care much for spending money on clothes and cars, or whatever really, but I have no problem saving for trips. I love it.  There's just something about immersing yourself in a new place; eating the food, taking in the sights, hearing the way they talk, etc. I just love the feeling. The anticipation of a trip is almost (almost) as fun as the trip itself...well, not really, but it is definitely a big part of it. Tonight, I feel giddy.. Like embarrassing giddy. I'm sure I talked too much and too fast tonight.. We land in London at 6:55 their time, 1:55 our time. We'll be completely jet lagged, but we plan on taking off for touring once we arrive. From London, we'll see Leeds, Paris, Versailles, Chamonix, and Nice. I will update once I'm back home, but I had to spill this out somewhere, and facebook is just too limited yet public for communication.

Wish us luck on the jet lag...oh and especially on the France portion. Neither of us know any French or have ever been there, so this will be interesting. "Yes, I'll take a Char Donnie and Fillett MIGnon; oh goodness. So, we can at least get the French words we use in Amercia correct. I'm sure people could really butcher foie gras. ha. That reminds me of a quick story. Matt and I were eating in Oxford at the Bottletree, and he was ordering. He asked for a Cafe A Lot. I was like, "what in the world is he talking about?" Yeah. Cafe Au Lait.
Made my day.
I'll give him this, though. He is not a coffee drinker, so I'm sure he'd never ordered one or seen it written in his life. Still, it was awesome.



P.S. Larry is well. He was fine the next day. Silly boy. Just needed some rest. He's about to have lots of quality time with the grandparents. Wally is doing well, too, and wanted me to mention her since Larry got a full blog post last time. She makes me laugh every day. Sweet/crazy cat.

1 comment:

  1. OH SO FUN!!! You guys are so so fun!!! Can I please be your child and go on fun trips with you. I promise not to be loud and I will eat all my veggies and clean my room!

    ReplyDelete