In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We have insulation. Never thought it'd make me so happy.

yes! finally some updates. It was becoming really sad when people would walk in who hadn't been since February, and not be able to see changes... I mean don't you see wires, and big huge air ducts, and PVC pipes? Actually, probably not, because this has been the most productive visually non-productive 3 months of house renovation. Rather than putting pictures of each "internal" step, I just decided to wait until we're close to actually having walls. We finally got there. Insulation was completed last weekend, and I've never been so excited to see all of that white fluffy stuff. It was like a winter wonderland of walls. I posted lots of pictures, so sorry:)


I think we'll leave the furnace on the front porch:)

Someone is pumped about insulation



pretty insulation


There was a door here. They did a GREAT job of replicating the wood to look original. Well, after painting it will:)





They tore out the porch ceiling (didn't know this was going to happen, but I'm excited)


The tulle room. Okay, I'm really not sure what this is.



Alarm


Yay, we have electricity
(thanks Joe and Brian)
Plumbing! (thanks Tatums)


Oh, great, I can do laundry. I was hoping we'd forget to add the laundry room.
We found some hard wood under about 3 layers of flooring. We're keeping all of the original hardwood....some will have to be pieced together, but I think it'll still be cool to have the original.

Our hazardous stairs. You can see Matt below in the guest bathroom. Poor Larry refuses to walk up these.

HVAC (thanks, Billy)

Aaaaaaand, there's still so much more left to do.  :)

Time for EBOX dump # 6 (this really adds up)!


Anyway, that's all for now! It's been so long since we've had house updates, so it's really nice to be able to have some sort of progress pictures. I got a text today from Erin saying that there was tons of dry wall outside! David called Matt saying they were getting ready to start the walls. I can't wait. It's been such a blessing to have family 'keep an eye out' on our house stuff during the week. My mom is hilarious and I think now that she's out for summer she goes every day, and knows every single person who has worked on the house. She gives me great updates, and I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooh Amanda and Matt! The house is looking GREt!!! I can't wait to see the next step...WALLS!!! so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete