In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Monday, April 19, 2010

Good weekend, sleepy Monday

 This past weekend was a lot of fun. We went out to Somerville for the whole weekend, even Sunday night. The house is probably 90% finished with electrical, so hopefully in the next few weeks, there will be some more progress pictures (as we get insulation and walls).

So, Friday we celebrated Jamie's graduation at Shogun. It was a lot of fun. Matt and I got WAY too much sushi, but then were able to polish it all off for the most part. We always over order when it's sushi. Then, Saturday I woke up at 6:30 and went to run a 5K (Youth Villages 5K) with Carrie, Julie, Jill, and Laura Beth. I had such a good time! I was laughing most of the time, and really the run wasn't that bad. Then, we had lunch at Panera Bread (yummm). Saturday afternoon I spent some time at the house, trying to walk through it to see if we've forgotten any place we might need a light or outlet. Saturday night, Lamie, Dashley, Joe/Amy, Matt and I cooked out at my parents' house while they were out of town in Charleston. We had an assortment of food, and it was perfect weather for cooking on the grill. Then we went over to my brother and Erin's to hang out for a little while.
Sunday we had church. I'm so excited because our church has started a young adults Sunday school class. Because our church is pretty small, it includes ages 20-40. We have been having such a good time, and it's been such a blessing to be back in Sunday school again. After church we did our usual Papa's Pizza glutton fest. I can't control myself at the pizza buffet. I'm pretty sure I took almost a 4 hour nap after that. Once I got up, I was sad to have missed so much of the beautiful day, so I went on a really long walk.
Sunday night, Matt, David, Erin, Harrison and I cooked out again. I think Erin and I made a meal off of the dips (spinach, cheese, guacamole, and goat cheese spread). We admitted we'd do that over meat any day. Harrison was a little character. I had him playing air guitar and drums and he was just laughing away. He's so much fun.
So, with such a wonderful weekend, I've been sleepy for this Monday. It was also the first non-sunny day in a while, and now that I have a 'view' at work (i moved cubicles and now can see outside, ha), it caused me to realize how groggy it was outside, so that encouraged my need for sleep.
Now, I'm hanging out on the couch. Matt already went to bed, so Larry and I are holding it down watching Amityville Horror (sorta...if i really watched it, I'd get all freaked out, so I"m half watching).

Congrats on the graduation!



Gearing up for the race!

All together!


Harrison is doing some laughing

Larry doing his normal thing

No comments:

Post a Comment