In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

In a couple of years they have built a home sweet home...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Woop, updates are coming in!

Heating and Air: CHECK
Plumbing: CHECK
Electrical: ALMOST check (we went over it all, and it starts this week!)

I'm getting so excited. It's almost funny now because we walk in the house and are like, "oh my gosh there's a super huge air duct coming out of the closet floor!" It's like I forget these things have to go somewhere. Or, "wow, that hole is ginormous for the toilet!" So, it's like I begin to freak out, then remember this is what a house looks like AS it's being put back together, so I calm down some. Actually, the duct in the closet was a blessing disguised as a worm in a aluminim foil suit. (that's not even funny, and I should delete it). The duct gave us the idea of making a set of shelves that will be stacked over it against the wall beside the small vanity area for bathroom overflow, vanity stuff, and other smaller items...maybe even T-shirts and other possibilities...who knows what crazy stuff could go in those shelves! I get pretty pumped over the smaller things with this house stuff. The big stuff sorta intimidates me such as cabinets, fixtures, etc, so I have to brace myself for those thoughts and decisions, but an idea of shelving in the closet, and I can get on board. Especially after years of a tiny closet that is way overstuffed and has no light so I think I pick a black shirt, and nope! it's blue.
 I'm getting ready every morning in the closet in our new home:) Seriously. We have to work with the space we have for the master bathroom/closet area (it was tough to create that space), and I really think it'll be great and come together with the small vanity on one end. I need to post pictures, but I only had my camera phone, and I'm in the dark ages of technology and ONLY got this phone b/c my other died, and I have no clue how to get the pictures from the phone to the computer. It's just a regular LG phone, but it didn't come with a cord for that....i'm assuming I have to go buy one.

Anyway, pictures to come, and more updates! In other news, we dropped the price of our Memphis house. We figured it'd take a while to sell, but already had decided if there was no sale by the Spring, it's time for a price decrease. I'm really hoping the Spring brings a buyer our way!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited I found your blog!!! I didn't know you had this. I love the house! How fun...and stressful too! Glad you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Glad you found me. I love keeping up with ya'll through your blog. I'm bad about updating, but once our house gets moving along again, there should be more. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete